Seated Chair Exercise ClassesBack to Activities
This session is focused on getting moving, encouraging people to keep active no matter their age, and having fun. It is a light-hearted session which aims to introduce you to safe and achievable workouts. No matter your fitness level, you can do seated exercise.
Adults should do some sort of physical activity every day, any type of activity is good and the more you do the better!
Positively Impact your Mental Health With Sport
Even short bursts of regular exercise have a proven positive impact on mental health. Which is why joining us for regular Fitness Sessions could be the first step for better mental health for you. Here are just a few ways in which sport and physical activity can positively impact your mental health.
- Improve your Mood: Exercise releases feel-good hormones, which tell your brain to improve your mood. Recent studies showed that people who categorised themselves as feeling low noted a significant improvement in mood after they undertook physical activity.
- Reduce Stress: People who partake in regular physical activity often have lower stress levels.
- Increase Self Esteem: Exercise can often help you to feel better about yourself.
- Tackle Depression and Anxiety: GP's often prescribe regular exercise as part of a Mental Health programme to help sufferers of Depression and Anxiety. Taking part in regular activity and sport empowers individuals to self-manage their recovery.
- Sleep Better: Physical Activity will help to tire you out during the day and therefore help you to get a better night sleep.
- Connect with new people: Sporting activities provide the opportunity to connect with like-minded new people, without the pressure of finding a common ground.
- Every Friday | 10 – 11 am | Buildbase Legends Lounge, LNER Stadium